- Kids help line – Kids helpline is a national 24/7 telephone, email and web counselling and support service for young people aged between 5 and 25 years of age. The website also includes tip-sheets and personal stories across a range of issues, for kids, teens and parents.
- Lifeline – Lifeline is a national 24/7 telephone and web counselling service for persons aged 18 years and over. It specialises in crisis support and can provide referrals to local or specialist services. Local lifeline centres also provide other services including face-to-face general and financial counselling services.
- RUOK – R U OK? Day is a national day of action on the second Thursday of September (12 September 2013), dedicated to inspiring all people of all backgrounds to regularly ask each other ‘Are you ok?’. The R U OK? Foundation aims to raise awareness in the community and provide resources to individuals and organisations to help prevent isolation and empower people to support one another each in their community.
- Suicide Prevention Australia – Suicide Prevention Australia is the national peak body for the suicide prevention sector in Australia. It promotes collaboration, coordination and partnerships in suicide prevention, intervention and postvention. The website provide information on where to get help if you are feeling suicidal or know someone who is, as well as a range of resources on key related topics.
- TED talks – TED is a non-profit organisation that provides online access to inspiring speakers from all around the world, on a range of topics. For example, comedian Ruby Wax’s talk “What’s so funny about mental illness?” is about her experience of depression.
- Radio National – “All in the Mind” is Radio National’s weekly exploration of all things mental—a program about the mind, brain and behaviour, and the endlessly fascinating interactions between them. You can listen to past program via podcasts or listen live online or tune in to Brisbane 792AM
These website links are listed here as a community service for our visitors.
Please note:. If you use these links, we take no responsibility and give no guarantees, warranties or
representations, implied or otherwise, for the content or accuracy of these third-party sites.